Choosing the Right Software Development Partner
We often hear a recurring voice from software technology leaders we talk to on a daily basis. “We have tried using qualified software development external resources, multiple times, and we have always been disappointed.” I have to admit, earlier in my career, I also had those same experiences. I learned two valuable lessons that I want to share with you.
First, the skills of global technology resources vary greatly similar to those of a healthcare provider or tax consultant. People that find great healthcare providers swear by them, and trust them with the responsibility of providing safe, reliable advice for the whole family. The same applies to global software development process. The attributes associated with success are many notches above only listing a pedigree of software development skill sets and subject areas; this is to say it is not enough to have the world's best software developers or the world’s best QA automation program.
Terrific Software Development Partners are not just order takers. Sure they build, test and deploy technology; but the best partners offer much more to your business
How the Right Software Development Partner Can Turn Your Project idea into Reality
- the Right Software Development Partner coaches you on optimal approaches that align with your business
- the Right Software Development Partner aligns with your business strategy and provides you with feedback from a different point of view that keeps everyone doing the “right things right.”
- the Right Software Development Partner strives to build technology that withstands the test of time helping to create significant business leverage on multiple fronts
- the Right Software Development Partner encourages all team members to bring a point-of-view to the table, even when you may not like the message
In short, the Right Software Development Partner cares about your business as much as you do or perhaps, dare I say, even more than you do!
Second, approaching an external initiative with only a financial motive is the most common reason we hear the voice of disappointment. The right reasons for turning to a partner are much more encompassing. Here are just a few.
- The ability to accelerate growth by more rapidly building the right technology.
- To provide your business with the skill sets and experience level that you can trust to deliver over and over again.
- The ability to “right size” your resource pool with minimal impact to the things you do best
- Capacity to leverage the model to optimize the costs of hiring, mentoring, and providing suitable workplace.
- Help in deciding what to build and how to successfully make it resulting in the efficient use of your financial business assets beyond the payroll dimension.
- And more.
Approaching an external initiative with only a financial motive is the most common reason we hear the voice of disappointment.