Whether you have a firm rooted business or you are an emerging one, the question of cloud services versus owning your own servers is always on the table for discussion.
Planning to start a business? This should be phase 1 of planning and implementation. Have a successful multi generational business? Innovation and development are the key to keeping up with success in today’s rapidly changing world.
At first glance this seems fairly self-explanatory. One is virtual space that is hosted by a provider and the other is your physical hardware. What is best for your business?
Let us go through some of the key factors in making this decision.
Let’s start with pros and cons.
|Physical Server||Cloud Services|
Moving to the cloud? – Welcome to the 21st century business! With cloud computing you can expand your business beyond the bricks and mortar. With our business environment changing day by day it is imperative to be adaptable and current in a flash. Once you have your cloud services in in place you will be up for the challenge.
- Your cost model will likely change. Consider the shift in your capitol expense to operational expense
- Understand what your specific needs are for compliance in your sector and retain experts who fully understand
- With current knowledge and expert support your risk is to exposure is minimal
- High level expertise in house requirements may change, consider shifting your workforce to a focus on innovation and development
- This is flexible for your business growth and change
- Become accessible to the greater community 24/7
- Take advantage of all the cloud security services/solutions that are available at an average cost of $10,000 annually